Hochtief wins contract for Hitchin flover
The award to build the £62 million flyover at Hitchin which will take the Down Cambridge line over the ECML has been awarded to Hochtief.
This will be a 2km of new railway and involves 1 1,200m embankment and a 30-span viaduct at 840m long to span the East Coast Main Line.
This has long been a bottleneck as Cambridge bound trains conflict with Up ECML services. Network Rail reports there has been a 35% rise in passengers from Peterborough and an 18% rise in passengers between London and Cambridge.
Responses to “Hochtief wins contract for Hitchin flover”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
Essential reading for today's rail enthusiast
• Free A4 print!
• The battery EMU story
• Class 31/4s: The 1980s batch
• Class 89 Main LIne return!
40 pages of modelling
• Modelling London's Widened Lines
• Mk.1 suburban stock in detail
• New '03', '37' and 4-VEP reviewed
• Next issue on sale: March 19, 2015