Hochtief wins contract for Hitchin flover
The award to build the £62 million flyover at Hitchin which will take the Down Cambridge line over the ECML has been awarded to Hochtief.
This will be a 2km of new railway and involves 1 1,200m embankment and a 30-span viaduct at 840m long to span the East Coast Main Line.
This has long been a bottleneck as Cambridge bound trains conflict with Up ECML services. Network Rail reports there has been a 35% rise in passengers from Peterborough and an 18% rise in passengers between London and Cambridge.
0 Responses to “Hochtief wins contract for Hitchin flover”
Please login or register to post a comment
Current Issue: Feb 2015
Essential reading for today's rail enthusiast
• Free A4 print! 'Deltic' in the 1960s
• 36 pages of modelling
• Stored locos and their locations
• Signal boxes on the Highland Main Line
• Yellow Class 57/3s: A retrospective
• Welsh timber trial MPV • Tonbridge RHTT depot
• Building a better Class 47
• Next issue on sale: February 19, 2015