11 March 2014
Part of a £65 million investment to provide 108 extra carriages for one of the country's busiest railways, the introduction of refurbished 10-car trainsets will boost capacity all over the SWT network.
8 March 2014
Network Rail has awarded the contract to design and build the new Chiltern Railways route between London and Oxford, which includes one kilometre of brand new railways to connect the Bicester Town to Oxford line to the Chiltern main line.
- GNER plans direct King's Cross-West Yorks/ Cleethorpes services
- LU begins search for 'New Tube for London'
- Public consultation begins on £104m Queen Street redevelopment
- Six-month extension for FCC
- TfL and Bombardier sign Crossrail contract
- Swing bridge works under way in Selby
- 13 more Class 66s for GBRf
- US lessor CIT acquires NACCO
Other Rail Express Modeller
Current Issue: Mar 2014
Essential reading for today's rail enthusiast
► Camera phone photography
► Blaenau diesels
► Weather wreaks widespread havoc!
► 0 to 60: Class 166
► Class 68 on test
► 40 pages of models
• Next issue on sale: March 20, 2014