18 July 2013.
Following the order for Hitachi IEP inter-city trains for the Great Western main line, the new factory at Newton Aycliffe, County Durham, has been awarded a follow on contract for 270 vehicles for the East Coast route between London and Edinburgh.
11 July 2013.
Following the publication of a report into last year's InterCity West Coast franchise competition debacle by Eurostar Chairman Richard Brown, the Government has provided a detailed reply that aims to clarify the DfT's franchising policy.
10 July 2013.
A multi-million pound investment by DfT, South West Trains-Network Rail Alliance and local councils will provide new lifts, footbriges, accessible toilets and low counter ticket windows at eight key South West Trains station.
Current Issue: Feb 2015
Essential reading for today's rail enthusiast
• Free A4 print! 'Deltic' in the 1960s
• 36 pages of modelling
• Stored locos and their locations
• Signal boxes on the Highland Main Line
• Yellow Class 57/3s: A retrospective
• Welsh timber trial MPV • Tonbridge RHTT depot
• Building a better Class 47
• Next issue on sale: February 19, 2015