18 July 2013.
Following the order for Hitachi IEP inter-city trains for the Great Western main line, the new factory at Newton Aycliffe, County Durham, has been awarded a follow on contract for 270 vehicles for the East Coast route between London and Edinburgh.
Current Issue: Mar 2015
Essential reading for today's rail enthusiast
• Free A4 print!
• The battery EMU story
• Class 31/4s: The 1980s batch
• Class 89 Main LIne return!
40 pages of modelling
• Modelling London's Widened Lines
• Mk.1 suburban stock in detail
• New '03', '37' and 4-VEP reviewed
• Next issue on sale: March 19, 2015